Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Review: Children of the Lost Moon by Gabrielle Blue


Here is the blurb from the back of the book:

"Savannah, werewolves may not be quite as fast as we are, but they are much faster than humans. They will rip you apart before you even have a chance to react. They also have one defining trait that we do not- if they do not kill you, you will become infected."

He grabbed me by the upper arms and stared down at me, face grim, indigo eyes frightening.

"You would become a werewolf. And then I would have to kill you."


Let me start by saying, I started this book and could not put it down! I finished it in a few hours!

Savannah, the main character is portrayed as a very strong individual. I think she is amazing! She fences, which is something I have never seen in a YA book before. She has confidence and that is something that girls need to see in books!

Luke is unlike any male character I have ever read before. He's passionate and so caring.
I could feel his love for Savannah pouring off the pages. It was great.
Luke is also very family oriented, whereas Savannah lacks that family structure.

The book is action packed. With most books, it takes a while to get to the action, and a lot of the time it kinda fizzles throughout the book. That is not the case with Children of the Lost Moon. With this book, the action was there all the way until the very end. Which I found that I really enjoyed.

I loved getting to know the characters as well. I felt like I knew Savannah and Luke quite well by the end of the book. Their relationship was so sweet. And at times they had little tiffs like any normal teenage couple does. It was refreshing to read something so real.

Reading about shape shifters was completely new to me. And I have to say, I loved it! It was super entertaining and quite interesting.

All in all, this book was amazing! I did not want it to end AT ALL!

I hope you will all read this book! And a big thank you to Gabrielle Blue for letting me review their incredible book!

You can purchase the book here.
And you can follow Gabrielle Blue on Twitter here.










1 comment:

  1. What a great review!!! I just finished CHILDREN OF THE LOST MOON as well, and all I have to say is..I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT!! (and Luke too) ;)

    ReplyDelete